A blog of two Texans (not really Germans)
and their adorable kids

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

A visit from some old friends

The S family came to see us a few weekends ago and it was a visit long overdue. They have three boys and we have three girls, but the kids are pretty close in age so they all played great together and our laughs and talks picked up pretty much right where they left off almost two years ago. I knew I had missed Karla, but I did not realize how much I had missed her until they were here for the weekend. Kevin and I agree we should not wait this long again before getting together with them.

I could write so much about the weekend, but I figure folks like pictures better so here you go...

Even though we did not go anywhere really, we had a fun filled weekend.

We played tickle fights and giggled a lot!


We adored the little babies because they don't stay this small very long. This is Samuel and he will soon be 1. I can not believe that Isabelle will look this big in just 8 months. Wow - the first year goes by way too fast!


The kids taught each other life essential skills like how to fit a whole 'Little People' in your mouth.


The Dad's taught the kids the game of throw the ball on the house and wait for it to come down. Oh the anticipation...


The kids gave each other baths in the yard with the water sprinkler. Isaac washed pretty much everything in our yard with that sprinkler. Thank you Isaac because our toys are all much cleaner now.


And I possibly saved the best for last...the kids rubbed lotion on one another. They were pretending it was sunscreen - I think they will be protected.


Although I was not there, I'm pretty sure it was just Josie that rubbed 'sunscreen' on Seth and probably came up with this entire idea.


Thank you again Karla and Jeromy - we can not wait to do it all again!

2 comments:

  1. How fun!! All of the kids are so cute! I haven't seen Karla in a couple of years...I think the last time was when I ran into her outside of a doctors office. Btw, I saw your sweet mom yesterday at the Farmers Market. It was so good to catch up with her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pictures are so adorable! Man, all of Karla's boys look like clones of each other!

    Johnna - that's funny! We caught up because you ran into me and Kev at the doctor's office, too!

    ReplyDelete