A blog of two Texans (not really Germans)
and their adorable kids

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Isabelle's Baptism


Isabelle was baptized July 18 and we were so blessed to have a lot of our family there as well as her Godparents who were in Texas all the way from Idaho. It was a beautiful day!


As the ceremony is starting, my sister got this picture of us stealing a quick glimpse at Isabelle.


Isabelle receiving the sign of the cross from Josie


Josie, Uncle Marcus, Evelyn and Grandpapa watching the ceremony.


A sweet moment shared with Uncle Marcus caught on camera


Her Baptism


Deacon Dan accidentally poured the water on her face some and she let out a big scream. I love the look of laughter on Jill and my face and the true look of concern on Deacon Dan and Kevin's face.


Isabelle calmed down pretty quick, but I love the look she is giving her Daddy - "please don't let that happen again."


Our new little Christian


Lighting the baptism candle


Smiles of joy!


Our nephew Clayton got to help Deacon Dan with the ceremony. Deacon Dan was my teacher in seventh grade and is newly ordained so Isabelle was his first Baptism. It was very special to have him perform the ceremony and he did an amazing job. He brought tears to my eyes during his homily.


The daddy's stealing a moment to introduce their girls.


Isabelle with her Mommy and Daddy and her Godparents. I learned a neat concept this weekend from some good friends - this is Isabelle's God Family and Abigail is her God sister. I love that thought and plan to use it for all my girls.


Isabelle and her Godparents


Isabelle with both sets of grandparents.


Josie holding newly baptized Isabelle. I wanted Evelyn in this picture, but she would not cooperate.


Family photo that turned out really great! Thanks Beth!


Let the celebrating begin. Daddy and Evelyn walking around the farm.


Allie holding Baby Isabelle


Josie and Emily


Josie posing by the chickens. Frankly, I am surprised she got this close. The girl does not like the farm animals or any animal for that matter.


Feeding the chickens with Aunt Beth


Mommy with Isabelle and Jill with Abigail. Jill is one of my best friends who I really think of more like a sister than a friend. It was so neat to be pregnant at the same time and now we are raising these little girls together. We joke they will be college roommates someday and I sure do hope that happens. Heck, we will force them to be friends. :)


Jill and I laughing about something - imagine that!


Evelyn trying on shoes that do not belong to her - its one of her favorite things to do.


Sweet, sweet Isabelle.
God's blessings to you always!

3 comments:

  1. Such sweet pictures from such a special day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a special day! You got some great pictures and you couldn't have picked a better people to be Isabelle's God Family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all of the pictures of your beautiful family! I remember Avery cried during her entire baptism (the priest remembers, too, and this was 4 years ago)...she was the only one of my four that gave a peep, but it was a big one. Such a special time -- little Isabelle is in my prayers as she grows in the Christian faith!

    ReplyDelete