A blog of two Texans (not really Germans)
and their adorable kids

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

They Don't Listen

I seriously think 95 percent of everything I say my kids do not hear. I told Kevin one day that I think I could speak Japanese in my house and have the same effectiveness as I do speaking English. It makes me understand why the teacher in Charlie Brown just says, "Waa, waaa, waa," as that is all they hear anyway.

Example: As we are driving in the car today, I turn around and...

Mom: Yucky!!! Get your shoe out of your mouth, we do not chew on our shoes! Would you lick the floor?
Josie: No
Mom: Well, when you chew on your shoes, that is like licking the floor because your shoes have been on the floor.
Josie: Can I have some ice cream when we get home?

4 comments:

  1. Too funny! LOVE reading these conversations with Josie! Please keep sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh. I feel your pain (including the exact same conversation with Owen about chewing on his shoes)! Barf! Truthfully, in our house, Kevin doesn't listen much better! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too funny! I'm sure Holt will get to that stage with at least some conversation, but right now when I tell him not to do something he either starts crying or keeps doing it with this look on his face as he looks back at me like, 'what I didn't hear what you said!'

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! Their little minds are going in a million different directions right now. Sydney says the most random things sometimes too. Whatever pops into her head! This is such a fun stage but also so frustrating!

    ReplyDelete