Ok so its not really the Waco Zoo's fault, but little did Meghan and I know that poor Lizzy was coming down with strep and somewhere along the way, the poor girl caught hand, foot and mouth disease. We found this all out on Friday morning after poor Lizzy took her second trip to the doctor. My girls were looking great until I got home on Friday evening and Isabelle was very clingy. I noticed she felt warm and then I noticed her knees were covered in little red bumps. I immediately thought of Lizzy and called Meghan to find out what exactly this rash might look like.
Friday night was awful. Poor Isabelle itched the whole night and barely slept. We had a few baths in the middle of the night and she just wanted to nurse. Her poor little legs were just moving all night long. We were not sure what she had since it was on her knees so I took her to the doctor the next morning and if there was any good out of this, we actually got to see Lizzy's pediatrician who immediately knew who we had been hanging out with when I said we were exposed to strep and hand, foot and mouth. After the doctor's visit, we really did not have a good idea of what she had because it looked a little like hand, foot and mouth, a little like poison ivy and a little like a strep infection. We left with some amoxycillin and topical creams and were sent home to try to get better.
With each day, her little legs got worse and more blisters showed up. We went back to the doctor today and they confirmed that it was Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease. And a really, really bad case of it. And it is!
Poor Isabelle. Poor Lizzy, Poor any kid whoever has this. So we'll spend this week at home and try to get better.
Friday night was awful. Poor Isabelle itched the whole night and barely slept. We had a few baths in the middle of the night and she just wanted to nurse. Her poor little legs were just moving all night long. We were not sure what she had since it was on her knees so I took her to the doctor the next morning and if there was any good out of this, we actually got to see Lizzy's pediatrician who immediately knew who we had been hanging out with when I said we were exposed to strep and hand, foot and mouth. After the doctor's visit, we really did not have a good idea of what she had because it looked a little like hand, foot and mouth, a little like poison ivy and a little like a strep infection. We left with some amoxycillin and topical creams and were sent home to try to get better.
With each day, her little legs got worse and more blisters showed up. We went back to the doctor today and they confirmed that it was Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease. And a really, really bad case of it. And it is!
Poor Isabelle. Poor Lizzy, Poor any kid whoever has this. So we'll spend this week at home and try to get better.

This makes me so sad to read. This is terrible! How is Isabelle doing now? We will keep her and the other little girl in our prayers, I'm so sorry you all have to go through this. When Milo got Fifth's Disease and had to go to the hospital, I was so mad at myself - my best advice is not to blame yourself, these things sometimes just happen no matter how hard we try to keep our kids safe and healthy! I pray this passes soon! Love and hugs,
ReplyDeleteJulia