A blog of two Texans (not really Germans)
and their adorable kids

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Potty Training Success Story?

Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity. ~ George Patton

A funny story that I forgot to share from the most recent West Texas trip. We came in from playing outside and Evelyn had a wet pull-up. After she went potty, I put a pair of big girl panties on her because I knew we were gonna be bathing them right after dinner. When I put the panties on her I said, "Now Evelyn, do NOT poop in these panties."

We then eat dinner, the girls start to play and as we are cleaning off the table, I see Evelyn run by me with no pants or panties on. Knowing this is the girl that wants to change her pants as soon as they get wet, I immediately knew (or at least thought I knew) what happened. I went and swooped her up and she confirmed that she did poop. I see Isabelle innocently crawling around on the floor so I then tell my Mom, "Go find the poop before Isabelle does...I'm going to go wipe this girl's bottom!"

As I'm cleaning up Evelyn, she says to me with a big smile on her face, "I didn't poop in my panties." She was so proud of herself. I was of course confused until Mom told me that Evelyn had in fact taken off the pants and panties and pooped on the floor in the toy closet. And I thought back, I didn't tell her to poop in the toilet - I just told her to not poop in the panties. So, what do you think? A potty training success story?

1 comment:

  1. Been there done that. Cleaning poop out of undies is not my forte...I usually just throw them out! Hope the training is going well.

    ReplyDelete