A blog of two Texans (not really Germans)
and their adorable kids

Monday, May 31, 2010

In Josie's Words

In honor of her third birthday (yes, our girl is growing up), I thought I'd share a few Josie quotes that have brought a smile to our face.

My Mom was here for a while after Isabelle was born helping me and Kevin out. She brought Josie's birthday gift and let her open it early since she was not gonna be here for Josie's actual birthday. One of the items was a board game. My Mom was telling her about it and here is how the conversation went:

Grandma: See, the game is for kids age 3 and up. How old are you?
Josie: Up

And the day that Grandma left, I was putting Josie to bed and here is her take on why Grandma had to go home:

Josie: Grandma had to go home. No one has been feeding Popo or giving him drink or putting on his shoes or bathing him.
Mom: Poor Popo
Josie: Popo needs some love.

And this morning at breakfast:

Mom: Josie is 3 years old now and is such a good big sister. I bet there are not a lot of 3 year olds that have 2 little sisters.
Josie: (barely looking up from her food) yup
Mom: What if you had a third sister?
Josie: (now looking up from her food) How about a puppy?

And my favorite from the trip to the zoo last week. Thank you Meghan for sharing this. They were discussing princesses:

Meghan: Who is your favorite princess?
Josie: My Mommy

3 comments:

  1. What a ham... okay I love the "How about a puppy?" comment! I agree, Josie- those little sisters can be a lot of work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post! Your posts always make me smile! Such cute kids. I can't believe your Mom would leave your Dad home alone and not even give him water! How could she?!? I enjoyed our brief chat this weekend. Hope Josie had a great birthday today!! Time has just flown by! Happy birthday Josie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely precious! Oh, how I love Josie! We enjoyed watching her and Lane play together at the birthday party! They played so well together and had such a good time. Thanks to you and all you other great mommies out there you got me on the blogging bandwagon. You will have to check out my first blog...I did say at one point that there was no way I would find the time, but I have. It makes so much more sense then to journal and write down all these sweet things the kids say and do! Happy Birthday Princess Josie! Lane is super excited about your Mickey Mouse Birthday Party! He is actually a little jealous that his is not until October. : )

    ReplyDelete