A blog of two Texans (not really Germans)
and their adorable kids

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Josie's Hair Cut

I have only cut Josie's hair once since she was born and it was a simple bang trim when she was about 5 months old. Since then I have just let it grow pulling it back and putting it up. It has been a little long for a while now and I finally worked up the courage to cut it. Ok...really, my Mom helped me and she actually made the first cut so technically, I had my Mommy do it for me. But after she made that first cut, I did the rest. It is not perfect, but she is loving it.

A quick side story on the hair cut though...I had been talking to Josie about getting her hair cut while we were at Grandma and Popos. And if you know Josie, you know my cautious child was not too keen on the idea of something new or different. I could tell by her look that this 'hair cut' thing that her Mom kept talking about just sounded a little weird and possibly painful. Well, on Sunday afternoon, my niece, Allie, came to the house to see what we were doing. They were actually getting pigs ready to take to the livestock show in Austin. Getting pigs ready includes trimming their hair or as Allie put it, "giving the pig a hair cut." In Allie's defense, she did not know we had been talking up this hair cut thing to Josie so she had no idea what potential damage or help this whole pig hair cut experience could be.

Let me just say, it had the potential to be really bad because when you trim a pig, you tie it up by its nose and it tends to squeal (loudly) the entire time. Josie's reaction was interesting and she really did not like it, but thanks to a lot of talk by Allie and me about people getting hair cuts all the time, Josie began to understand the difference between the two. And by Monday evening, when it was time to for her trim, she was willing, yet still somewhat anxious.

Later that evening after we said our night prayers and were laying in bed, Josie said to me, "I got a hair cut like the pigs," and then she said, "Thank you Mommy and Grandma for my new hair."


A look at her hair just before we began.


Grandma making the first cut.


The finished cut. Yes, I realize it looks crooked and I'm pretty sure it is. But in my defense, she is sitting with her head at an angle which exaggerates the crookedness. Its not perfect, but the cost was. :)


All smiles after the cut. See it was not painful at all.

3 comments:

  1. Praying about getting her hair cut like the pigs! Hysterical! She's so adorable, Cheech!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops! Sorry about the "Cheech". It just slips out sometimes, because that's how Kevin referred to you for so many years!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness-- Clare is 2 and a few months, and her hair STILL does not even touch her shoulders! We finally trimmed her hair in January because she was looking pretty scraggly, but as you can see in the blog pics, my child is still 87% hairless. :)

    ReplyDelete