A blog of two Texans (not really Germans)
and their adorable kids

Friday, July 9, 2010

My Beautiful Mess

For those who knew me BC (before children), you would never guess my living room could look like this and even better, I was not phased by it. Instead, I took a picture and we simply walked out the door to meet a friend for lunch (thank you Meghan!). I had to share though because this is what the girls do while I put up groceries. Josie said it was her swimming pool. I am beginning to think we have too many pool toys in our pool when we swim if this reminds her of a swimming pool. :)


A view from the kitchen...


I especially love the detail - notice the horse adorned with stickers.


And the TV saw some sticker love too. (yes, try to hold back your jealousy or laughter at the size of our TV. And yes, this is our main TV, not the one that we use with our portable DVD player in the car.) Oh and if you click on this photo to make it bigger, you will see what looks like a crack on the screen. Do not be alarmed - that is just crayon - it adds to the picture quality.

4 comments:

  1. I love this post - in fact it may be one of my all time favorites. It is life as you live it! You didn't wait for the house to be clean and the girls to be perfectly dressed. Can't wait to see y'all!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I could do is smile while I read this post. Reminds me of my own home, no matter how much I try to get it to look like it did BC! I especially loved the special touch of crayon on the TV. :) Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank goodness! Somebody else's house looks like mine! I have to take a deep breath sometimes and remind myself this is only a phase and that I will miss this someday! Love it!

    P.S.- I just found crayon marks on our window. Not quite sure how long it has been there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute post! Your tv made me laugh...I thought we were the only ones who still have a tv like that...No crayons or stickers yet, but I am sure ours will look like that before too long!

    ReplyDelete