I actually have two Josieisms to share in this post. The first is sweet and the second, just darn funny.
At dinner last night, I made a recipe from my days of working at Shana's Country Cuisine, a little store where I worked one summer that sold casseroles to take home and bake. Its called Spicy Beef Tortilla Bake. I also made some beans and corn on the cob to go with it. About half way through the meal, with corn all over her face, Josie says, "This is the best meal I have ever had." That little statement and corny grin made it all worth it!
Earlier this week in line at Old Navy, a little girl was misbehaving behind us. Well, my kids love to stare at other little kids acting up. I always feel so bad for that parent. Then again, this may be all kids and I may be often ogled when my girls are being bad and I just don't notice. Anyway, I could not hear the little girl, but I could hear her mother scold her by saying, "I know your friends say that word, but your Father and I will not put up with that. Do not say that." Fast forward to last night and here was our conversation:
Josie: "Scoop it"
Mom: "Scoop it? What does that mean?"
Josie: "That girl in Old Navy was saying making bad choices and saying scoop it. We don't say scoop it."
Mom: "That is right, we don't like to say ugly things because it hurts others." (especially scoop it - the meanest of all.)
No, I did not add the parenthetical. Gosh, I love their innocence. God protect that!
and their adorable kids
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Cecilia, I meant to comment on this last week, actually left the window open for a couple of days to go back to it, and here I am a week later! I didn't know you were staying home full time! Yay! GOOD FOR YOU! Are you enjoying it? I honestly think it is the greatest decision we made since we had Sadie. It just makes us so much more cohesive, and Daniel and I both feel like we know Sadie so much more now than we did that first year when I was working. It is hard and a little monotonous some days, and I absolutely miss having a "job" and using my brain (for something other than potty training scheming), but it really is a great blessing to be able to spend so much time with your little ones. I hope you are enjoying it, and I know your kids and Kevin are! Congratulations! Take care as you are anticipating #3 any day. You look GREAT!
ReplyDelete