A blog of two Texans (not really Germans)
and their adorable kids

Monday, July 13, 2009

Weekend Wrap-up

Aside from Evelyn being under the weather, we had another great weekend at home! Josie and I went to a super fun birthday party for Elizabeth who turned the big 1! It was a fun party and Josie has been singing "Happy Birthday to Elizabeth" all weekend. Evelyn, unfortunately, has been battling that same ear infection that she has had for several weeks now. We are on a third antibiotic, but the doctor calls this particular antibiotic, the "big guns," so hopefully this will take care of it. She is such a trooper - she's had a rip roarin fever all weekend and yet, still gives us those amazing smiles. The fever is always at its peak during the nighttime and on Saturday night (or rather Sunday morning at 2 AM), when the medicine just would not do the trick, she and I took a cool bath to cool her little body off. She loved it and was kicking and playing - the fever broke after that and she slept much better. And then last night - around 3 AM - we were in the tub again. I hope she is not planning on making our middle of the night swims a habit. :) Evelyn was not the only one who got to swim this weekend though, Kevin and the girls enjoyed the pool in the backyard on Sunday. Here are some pictures of their fun in the sun and a few more. Have a great week!
Kevin snapped a few pictures of us girls before Church on Saturday

I leave Kevin and Josie outside in the pool alone for 5 minutes and look outside to find this.
No wonder she likes to hang out with Daddy more than me.

Josie also used the bottle to "wash" Daddy's hair. Afterall, he does something similar to her almost nightly in the bath and turn about is fair play. You'll be glad to know we do not use a beer bottle in her bath tub to rinse her hair. :)

I love that wrinkled smile!

4 comments:

  1. I L*O*V*E the blog!!!! Yay!!! It will be fun to keep up with you guys through it! The picture of Josie "having a cold one" with her Daddy is too cute. And I agree - I love Evelyn's little wrinkled smile! She is getting so big!

    ReplyDelete
  2. VERY cute blog! It will be fun to keep up with all of y'all and see those cute girls as they grow. I can't believe they are so big already!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the blog!! Good to see your adorable children. Hope you and Kevin are doing well also. Enjoy those little angels!!
    Krystle

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so excited that you have a blog! I love it and can't wait to keep up with you on a more frequent basis- You have already been added to my list of favorites. The girls are precious!

    ReplyDelete