A blog of two Texans (not really Germans)
and their adorable kids

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Here We Go Round the Mulberry Bush

Here we go 'round the mulberry bush,
The mulberry bush, the mulberry bush.
Here we go 'round the mulberry bush,
So early in the morning.

This is the way we wash our clothes,
We wash our clothes, we wash our clothes.
This is the way we wash our clothes,
So early Monday morning.

And it goes on to say, This is the way...

we iron our clothes, so early Tuesday morning.

we scrub the floor, so early Wednesday morning.

we mend our clothes, So early Thursday morning.

we sweep the house, So early Friday morning.

we bake our bread, So early Saturday morning.

we go to church, So early Sunday morning.

As we listened to this song on the way home today in the car, I told the girls, we wash our clothes on Monday...maybe this song is about us. So, here is what we decided:

Monday - Wash our clothes - like I said, we do this typically on Monday so, yes, check check.

Tuesday - we rarely iron so I guess Tuesday is a free day.

Wednesday - definitely scrub our floors - with 3 kids, this needs to happen often.

Thursday - On this part, Josie says, "We don't have a mender." And she is right...we don't. :) So, I guess its another free day.

Friday - sweep the floors - yes, see the comment from Wednesday.

Saturday - bake our bread...wouldn't that be awesome if we baked bread every Saturday? Of course, Kevin and I may put on an extra 30 pounds or so.

Sunday - go to church - of course!

And around the mulberry bush we go...

No comments:

Post a Comment