A blog of two Texans (not really Germans)
and their adorable kids

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Playhouse Disney Live! on Tour

Playhouse Disney was in College Station on Friday and if you've read any of this blog, you know we are BIG fans of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Handy Manny, and lately Kevin and I have taken a liking to Shaun the Sheep (which is a whole separate post in itself). Anyway, Josie and I caught the 4:00 show on Friday and it was AWESOME! I will never forget the smile that crept onto Josie's face when Mickey Mouse appeared on stage right there in front of her. I think before that point, she was really unsure of what or where her crazy mother had taken her. But after Mickey showed up, she was glued to the stage.

At intermission, we got popcorn and a Dr. Pepper, both HUGE treats in Josie's world. After we sat down to enjoy the rest of the show, we were sharing the popcorn and you know what she said to me...."Don't eat it all Momma." Boy does she know me. The show ended with a big finale of all the characters on the stage. Oh and I almost forgot about Toodles - Josie thought that he was especially cool (as did most of the other kids). The production had a spotlight that looked like Toodles so when they called him, Toodles literally was flying all over the arena onto the seats, the floor, and on top of the kids. I'm so glad we went!


Playhouse Disney Live! on Tour


Little Einsteins were first on the stage. Josie loved to 'pat, pat, pat' to help make the rocket go.


Next came Winnie the Pooh, Tigger and their friend (I can't remember her name)


Next came the Handy Manny gang. I took a picture of Mr. Lopart just because he had the combover in the Live! on Tour production just like he does in the show.


And of course, Handy Manny and his tools were there.


The Mickey Mouse Gang


The grand finale with all the characters sharing their music at Mickey's Music Party


A picture of us at intermission before I was admonished for eating popcorn.


Our final picture before we left. After the show, we went up to the stage and I wanted to take Josie's picture in front of the big inflatable glove on stage, but Josie wanted her picture on the stage steps so that is what we did. I think it turned out really good her way.

3 comments:

  1. How much fun!!! I can't believe she thought you would eat all the popcorn! :) What a fun "date" for the two of you. You'll always remember that expression on her face when she saw Mickey. Priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so hope they come again next year so Lizzy can enjoy it. How fun for you and Josie! What great memories you made!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun mother/ daughter day...The popcorn comment made me laugh...too cute!

    ReplyDelete