A blog of two Texans (not really Germans)
and their adorable kids

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Weekend Wrap-up

Jessica and I finally went out and did what we have been wanting to do for a long time. I'm sure many of you are guessing, have an uninterrupted sleep, but no, that's not it. Pebble Creek had its annual neighborhood-wide garage sale so we loaded up on Saturday morning in search for treasures. We really struck out the whole morning until our very last stop where we found a clothing jackpot for Josie, Maci and Evelyn! Jess and I then proceeded to dig thru the numerous bins of clothing, shoes, tights and bloomers (many of which were still in the packaging or had tags on them) and stuffed our bags full to the rim. Sweet Maci bared with us and along the way, made a friend in "Murray," one of the Wiggle dolls. This little guy sings songs when barely touched and Maci found an odd comfort in the jingle and she even fell asleep on Jess's shoulder clutching Murray. It was so sweet that I had to get a picture of Maci and Murray. And even though this was the start of a crazy weekend, I'm so glad we did it 'cause Jess and I had some great laughs and despite the lack of new found treasures, we made some memories we'll treasure.

2 comments:

  1. Oooohhh! I love a good garage sale! Glad you got some good clothes for the girls at least. We hit the 'fancy' neighborhood garage sales every spring...some are jackpots and some not so much. This past spring I found a ton of clothes for Sadie at one house. One of which was a sweater that had some writing stitched on it that I couldn't read, but didn't spend too much trying to read it either (25 cents for a sweater is 25 cents right?!). As I paid for all the clothes, the lady says...Oh, I got that for my daughter in Paris (kinda sadly). No wonder I couldn't read it! ha! I bet that is the only sweater Sadie will ever have from Paris! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This garage sale was the jackpot - this lady only bought Gymboree, Baby Gap, Hartstrings, you know the brands that you love, but can't always afford. It was heaven!

    ReplyDelete