A blog of two Texans (not really Germans)
and their adorable kids

Friday, November 18, 2011

Mayonnaise, Mustard, CATCH UP!

I have dieted continuously for the last two decades and lost a total of 758 pounds. By all calculations, I should be hanging from a charm bracelet" ~ Erma Bombeck

When I went to cheerleading camp in high school, there was this chant we would yell when a group was falling behind. I don't remember it all, but I do remember yelling, "Mayonnaise, mustard, Catch Up." I still say it to this day. Anyway, I am obviously trying to catch up with blogging. It had been since June since I last blogged. It would keep me up at night, but I just never found the time. Why, what has changed and what does weight loss have to do with all of this?

Well, this summer (around June), I started boot camp. It starts very early in the morning so I had to up my bed time to a more normal hour . This loss of night-time time has really messed with my ability to get things done. Hence the total lack of blogging. I apologize for doing so many posts at once. Its ridiculous...I know.

What gives this week? Why the sudden surge of blogging? Kevin went out of town so I have not hit the covers before 1 all week. Of course, I am realizing I need more sleep than I'm giving myself because I'm not as nice to my kids when I do this and I am just not as happy. Exercising definitely makes me a nicer mommy and a nicer person. Too bad it has done nothing for the weight loss. Oh well....can't have everything right?

But really, I know there is a way I can do both blogging and boot camp. I vow to try to find a time to fit it in because I so love keeping up with my family and yours through blogging. So, again, I apologize for the blasts of posts all at once. Happy reading and its good to be back!

1 comment: