Everyday I go into Isabelle's room to nurse her before her afternoon nap. When I do this, I usually start a movie for Josie and Evelyn and then I lock Isabelle's door so that we are not disturbed. So now, you have the background to the story, let me tell you about today. Picture it, Isabelle is almost asleep and this is what I hear:
Josie: (in a very stern motherly voice) There is poop on your panties! That is yucky!
Evelyn: I no poop on my panties. I poop on potty.
Josie: No, look at this. I have to wash these.
I then hear water running in the bathroom and at the same time, Evelyn begins trying to open Isabelle's locked door all the while making lots of noise as she is putting her whole body into it pressing her mouth up against the door saying, Mooooom, I got a surprise for you. I use the same technique I always use when I want Isabelle to fall asleep and they are beating on the door...I simply don't answer. It works. Evelyn gives up and runs off. The banter continues...
Josie: Here you go Evelyn, I washed these out for you. They are all clean. You can put your panties back on now.
I can only assume Josie has handed Evelyn a dripping wet albeit clean pair of panties and wants her to put them on. But then...
Josie: Oh wait, Evelyn. You still have poop on you. Bend over so I can wipe your bottom. Here you go Evelyn. We have to get all the poop off of you. Poop is yucky. There...that's better. You are all clean.
I'm pretty sure Josie has a tape recorder because she was able to pretty much imitate me word for word. Either that or I say this all much too often.
I decide that although Isabelle is not asleep (somehow she woke up through all this), I better go see what is going on. I come out of the room a little afraid of where all I might find poop and a little proud of my Josie for being such a big helper.
and their adorable kids
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I had a good chuckle over this!
ReplyDeleteSo Cute! She is a great helper.
ReplyDelete