Isabelle, you turned 6 months old this month. WOW! I'm not sure how that happened and it still seems like you are a little brand new baby to me, but then you flash that smile, play peek-a-boo with me, grab my face and give me a big kiss, try to talk back to me or your sisters and I realize you are not a little bitty baby at all, but rather a growing girl who is discovering so much every day.
I love your personality. You are so social. I really can not nurse you in public because if you hear the slightest noise, you immediately turn your head to see what is going on. You do not want to miss anything. Your Daddy says that is a lot like your Mommy. Hmmm? Really though, when we go places at night, you'll nurse just a little, but usually wait until we get home to really eat. It is so funny how you know your pillow at home is your place. You get so excited when I sit down and grab that pillow. I would compare it to your Mommy seeing a yummy bowl of ice cream or perfectly cooked steak. :)
You love to sit on the floor and empty your toy bin. You also love your new bed since we lowered the mattress and put up the bumper. You'll play in there for at least a half hour after you wake up. To get from one point to the other, you pretty much roll, which I love. The other two girls did not do that much so its fun to see you try to get around that way.
Big news this month is you rode in the grocery cart in the seat part sitting up. You were so proud of yourself. Of course Evelyn sat next to you and kept trying to 'help' you. At one point, she actually was trying to hand you the buckle strap (since she was not using it) just in case you wanted to chew on it. And by hand you, I mean, shove it in your mouth. :)
You are still nursing pretty much exclusively. We have tried cereal and you really don't like it. You have also tried baby food carrots and that did not thrill you either. The only food so far that you have not made a horrible face to was beans. You actually tried to eat those. We'll keep trying with more foods. I'm not too worried though - you seem to have plenty meat on your bones. :)
You take a paci on occasion and still suck that thumb on occasion too. No teeth yet and are still such a good baby. You wake up a lot more now than you did at first, but I'm ok with that. We just have one of our middle of the night nursings and you go right back to sleep. You are so sweet the way you snuggle your face into Mommy's neck in the middle of the night. I love it!
Your sisters, by far, are your favorite. They make your face just light up with the biggest smile. You immediately begin kicking and laughing when you see them. They love to give you hugs, kisses and share toys with you. I really don't see their love for sharing with you to last much longer so enjoy it while you can. And sometimes their hugs and kisses are quite rough, but I know they mean well. Numerous times I have walked in the living room and Josie is trying to pick you up off of the floor by herself. That really scares me. Evelyn often tries to sit on you...almost as if you were going to give her a piggy back ride. That really scares me too. You take it all in stride though and are so loved!
and their adorable kids
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

So I could post on every single post that I have read! Your posts always make me smile! I especially love this post about Isabelle. It captures so much about her and even some about Josie and Evelyn. The pictures of Evelyn sleeping in her high chair are just priceless! And Josie just has sweet written all over her face - especially in the ketchup picture. She just looks like she has a sweet disposition. I LOVE the picture of you and Isabelle in the pumpkin patch. I think she looks the most like you of all the girls. Miss y'all so much!
ReplyDeleteYou have such precious girls! I can't believe that sweet little Isabelle is already 6 months old!
ReplyDelete