A blog of two Texans (not really Germans)
and their adorable kids

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day Photo Shoot

I had the bright idea to take some pictures of the girls to send to the grandpa's for their Father's Day present. Well...let me just apologize to both Grandpapa and Popo as neither received a nice photo of all three girls. Why? Lets just take a look and see what might have gone wrong.


It was evident from the get-go that Evelyn was NOT interested in taking a picture. Let me just say that when Evelyn is not interested in something, it is not gonna happen. You can try juice (which is actually a soft drink), a cookie or a puppy, but those don't always work when she really sets her mind to it. Here she is bailing from the couch on our first attempt to sit her next to her sister. Yes, it appears that she is actually falling off...drama queen.


So I resort to single shots - I can work with that. Here Josie is hamming it up.


And of course, Josie HAD to hold Isabelle in one of the pictures. It had been about 10 minutes since she last got to hold her. ;)

WARNING - these next two pictures are not for the faint of heart. It is a pure F-I-T caught on camera as I had a moment of hope and thought, lets try that group picture one more time. When will I learn???


I think I can sit Evelyn down and quickly grab my camera. Really, Cecilia??? Are you that optimistic? Evelyn started getting off the couch before I even let go.


I think I am attempting to hold her up with my hand while I snap the shot. Awww - now this is a precious picture, don't you agree? Why didn't I just blow this one up and send it to the Grandpas?


Did she get her way? You betcha!

3 comments:

  1. Love it! You will look back on this one day when Evelyn has children of her own who are being little hellions and just smile. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cecilia your post made me laugh not because I have been in your shoes (sorry! but with 3 girls there is more drama). But because I was in THEIR shoes once upon a time. We actually have a series of pictures when my older sister was 4-5, I was 2 and my younger sister was 1 and of course I was the one crying (Judith was crying, too!). We were all dressed up. All I can say is "MIDDLE CHILD" plus "3 GIRLS" = DRAMA. It will get better! I know you really are having fun off camera ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is quite possibly the funniest thing I have seen lately! I could not stop laughing...especially at Evelyn's expressions! I love the entire post! Miss your everyday stories so much!

    ReplyDelete