A blog of two Texans (not really Germans)
and their adorable kids

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

In the Beginning

Well, I am finally posting something after creating this blog site over 5 months ago. Can you believe that??? Lets just hope it does not take me this long to make the next post. I have loved reading all of my friends' blogs over the past year and have wanted one of my very own for quite some time. In fact, this has been actually in planning since early 2008 and nobody even knew about it until last July when I was talking with my friend Jill (she has a lovely blog by the way) and I mentioned in passing that I wanted a blog. Well, not surprisingly, Jill wanted a blog too (we often find these similarities scary). The big thing that stood in the way at the time was finding the perfect name and after several trials from "Wagner Wiggles" to "If Mama ain't Happy" to goodness knows what else (I'll spare you all the agony), we came up with the perfect blog names. We even planned to unveil them together (ooh, the internet world would never be the same). The co-unveiling did not happen (sigh), but nevertheless, I am happy to finally get this off the ground.

My hope for this blog is pretty much the same as every other blog I know of - to keep our family and friends that live far away (and even those that live close) more in touch with all of the adorable things our children do and the silly things Kevin and I do as we try to figure out this parenting gig. Plus, I recently read in one of the blogs I follow - a Mom said if she could give just one piece of parenting advice, it would be to "Write it down," as she puts it, "you think you will remember, but you won't, and you'll want to later." So, here goes, I'm gonna "write it down."

We hope you enjoy a peak into our family's home, life and activities. Happy reading and 'til next time, May God bless you!

1 comment:

  1. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your blog is up and running!!!! Wahooo!!! I am loving it already. By the way, one of my favorite blog name ideas is still "Chatting with Cheech," but I do love the name you chose. It is so fitting for you two. Happy blogging!

    ReplyDelete